Added to these advantages listed above, the Moroccan Government initiated several encouraging measures for foreign production companies, such as :
- Co-production agreements with various countries
- VAT exemption on all purchases of goods and services in Morocco
- Simplification of customs clearance for import and export of filming equipment
- Discount on transportation of people and goods by the national airline company
- A symbolic fee for filming at various sites, museums and historical monuments
- The excellent assistance of the officials: the Royal Armed Forces (land, air and navy), and the national police, local authorities etc.
- The procedures of temporary importation of arms and ammunition to be used in the shooting are simplified.
Morocco has attracted many international productions in its different regions mainly because of :
- The effective involvement of the Moroccan Cinema Center
- The fast granting of shooting permit
- A privileged geographical location
- A warm and temperate climat
- Competitive costs
- Efficient technicians
- Multitude of diverse outdoor sets and shooting locations
- Efficient local service provider companies
- Availability of various technical equipments
SHOOT IN OUARZAZATE
Considered as the “Moroccan Hollywood”, Ouarzazate offers to productions striking outdoor setting such as oases, Kasbahs, valleys, mountains and dunes.
Ouarzazate has an international airport, efficient health infrastructures, hotels of various categories, and movie studios with international standards with sets of various types : Roman, Egyptian, etc…
Due to the various shootings hosted in Ouarzazate, a skilled and cost effective work force of technicians was developed along with a multiethnic population as extras.
Local service provider companies, the various transport and catering suppliers, and technicians are constantly present in Ouarzazate.
All these assets provide a competitive advantage (saving up to 50% of total cost) along with a higher quality of filming.